Enable Play1 Surrounds to act like front L/R

• 27 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
I have an open kitchen/living room with the playbar and sub in the living room near the TV. While cooking with the hood vent on, it is difficult to hear the playbar without it cranked all the way up. To remedy this, I installed 2 Play1s on the kitchen counter to help fill the room with sound. My problem is that since Sonos only allows me to set them up as 'surrounds', I do not get any dialog from the rear speakers, especially news channels, which makes them pointless for TV (although music sounds great). My question is, is there a way to have full audio (more like front L/R) piped through the surrounds? My current solution is to have them set up as a separate room, but it makes the volume control difficult. ie. My tv remote only lowers the volume on the playbar and not the kitchen speakers. Suggestions?

I have the kitchen and living room grouped together, so the volume control from my phone isn't too difficult. However, the Lutron Pico remotes only control one room (not group), so I would need to double up on all of those which isn't convenient.

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Gibbles. Thank you for your suggestion. As you are aware, this is not currently possible, though I would be happy to forward your feedback to the necessary team. Do let us know if you have any further questions.