Answered

Dolby Atmos in main room and whole house audio with music

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey all,

I have a Sonos Beam, a sub and two One SLs for rear channels for my TV in the living room / kitchen. I also have two more One SLs in my bedroom and office and a Sonos Roam in both bathrooms. I find that Dolby Atmos sounds best in the main room because of the separation of sounds. However, if I want to listen to music throughout the house, Dolby Atmos is deactivated in the main room and I get what appears to be ultra-HD, which may or may not be 5.1, but certainly has less sound separation in the main room. I assume this is normal behavior so stream the same signal to every speaker.

Is there a way to get Dolby Atmos in the main room and also have music playing in the whole house?

If not, I would strongly suggest this as a future update.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 May 2022, 21:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, no. Once you add a non-Dolby Atmos compatible speaker to the speaker group, the audio playing out of the Beam setup will automatically switch from Dolby Atmos to Ultra HD or HD.