Question

Control4 Sonos Turntable

• 10 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I would like to buy a turntable (preamp included) to play through house speakers. We have a server room for Control4. Sonos Connect is part of server rack. Music plays through house speakers. I have these other items available to use: Sonos 1 speaker, Apple TV, Alexa. In reading through the Turntable forum, it seems I could connect the turntable directly to a Sonos 5 and just directly play the music. However, I'm wondering if I can play the turntable (not directly wired) somehow to Sonos Connect and/or Control4? I don't think Sonos 1 speaker directly works with turntable. (I'm new at Control4, Sonos so I'm probably just looking for confirmation on the turntable playing music at its most basic use.) Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
You will have to connect your turntable directly to either a connect, connect amp, or play 5 thru the line in connection.
Make sure to set the output of the table to line and not phono-pre.