Question

connecting sonos port

• 2 December 2019
  • 2 replies

I have bought Sonos port to connect my hifi system to the Sonos components in the house and vice versa. I cannot seem to connect it two ways. I.e. I can either connect the hifi to play through the port to the Sonos system via line in OR can connect the port through analogue line out to the rega brio r amp via phono cables, but not both. 

Surely it is designed to connect the components BOTH ways. Please note the hifi amp has no digital connection in or out. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Using the tape monitor jacks works well for some folks.

That Rega has 5 inputs and 1 output (labeled #6 - Record Out).  Connect the output on the Port to one of the inputs on the Rega, connect the output on the Rega to the Line-in inputs on the Connect.  

Note, there will be about a 70ms delay on the Sonos audio compared to the Rega.  This is because the Line-In source on the Port must be buffered in order to transmit to other rooms.