Question

Connecting Sonos Amp to TV over cat6

• 30 November 2019
  • 0 replies

Hi, we are building a house and have in-ceiling speakers throughout, in our living room we have 4 along with multiple cat6’s and a standard coax cable ran to the tv, we have a samsung frame tv so we opted to have the builder run all the cables to a A/V closet upstairs. The house is drywalled in now and nearing completion so I am looking to purchase my amps with these hoilday sales. Im concerned as to how I’m going to connect my sonos amps to the hdmi arc out of the tv. As I said I have both a cat6 cable and coax that were run from the tv to the A/V room where the amps need to be. I asked sonos when I was planning this out and they said that should be all I need but I was just in a chat with a sonos rep and they said to contact the tech team because they said as far as they know the HDMI connection needs to be direct and using an HDMI over cat6 wont work. Anyone have workarounds/suggestions or a similar system to confirm what will and wont work? I would think there is some way to connect the amps as I see tons of houses store their amps in a rack to run their tv’s with no issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.