Question

Connecting LG Magic Remote with PLAYBAR

• 2 July 2017
  • 1 reply

I just bought an LG TV and am trying to link it up to my PLAYBAR. There seem to be good tutorials on exactly this on this forum, however they are not helping as I can't seem to find 'Room Settings' in my iOS or Mac Sonos apps.

Example instructions from Sonos:
"Sonos app for Mac:

Select Sonos > Preferences.
Click Room Settings and choose the room the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE is located in from the drop-down.
Click the TV Setup tab.
Click Remote Control Setup.
Follow the in-app instructions to configure your new remote to control the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE."

See attached screenshot for what I see under Preferences, only date and time settings.
Similar issues with iOS app, I can only go as far as 'Settings' but there are no 'Room Settings' there.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello GummiEggertsson, welcome to the community. The first thing I would do is check for updates, if you're not seeing Room Settings, chances are you need to update the Sonos software or you are on an older, unsupported version of Mac OS. Second, you will likely need to configure the magic remote before it will work with Sonos. Here's how: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4267