Connect- Line-Out Level Pass-Through

• 26 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Is there a list of amps/receivers that support this feature?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

It would be any receiver that has a tape input or similar on it. Pretty much anything except a phono input, which is not line-level.
It states that the Connect will send volume commands to the AVR. How does the Connect know what the volume commands of the AVR are?
I think you're misinterpreting that. What it is saying is that if you set the line-out to "pass-through", rather than "line-level", you'll be able to control the volume of the sound using the app, which will change what is being fed to your amp. It's not actually adjusting the volume of your amp, just the data being fed to it.
I think you're misinterpreting that. What it is saying is that if you set the line-out to "pass-through", rather than "line-level", you'll be able to control the volume of the sound using the app, which will change what is being fed to your amp. It's not actually adjusting the volume of your amp, just the data being fed to it.

I appreciate your responses.. However, this is a new feature added to the Sonos API as of 10/18.

It states that "Connect will stay at a fixed volume and send volume commands to your amplifier".
If I wanted to limit what Connect feeds to my amp, I would have have selected Variable Line Level, not Pass-Through.

The question is, which amp manufacturers support this new feature?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't see anything in the FAQ on this at all. Maybe go digging in the "works with Sonos" stuff?
Yea, that's what I'm guessing this is. A "Works with Sonos" feature. So the OP would need to look at the specs for his particular receiver, and see if it is marketed as a "Works with Sonos" device. I'm not aware of very many of those.

Here's a good place to at least start:
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/works-with-sonos
By the way, here's a list:

Pioneer
VSX-933
VSX-LX303
VSX-LX503
SX-N30AE
SC-LX701
SC-LX801
SC-LX901

Onkyo
TX-NR585
TX-NR686
TX-RZ730
TX-RZ830
TX-8270
TX-8250
TX-RZ1100
TX-RZ3100
PR-RZ5100
By the way, here's a list:

Where did you find this list.
Anyone an insight on the support by Sony receivers?

Where did you find this list.
Anyone an insight on the support by Sony receivers?

Not sure. But here's a newer list that includes Integra models

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/onkyo-integra-pioneer-elite-works-with-sonos-certification/

Not sure on the Sony thing.
Since Sony getting on board with the Works with Sonos program would be a fairly big deal, I would expect to see an official announcement like we saw with Onkyo.