Question

Connect:Amp wont connect to exsisting system

• 15 August 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a rather complex network and over 20 sonos devices. I had everything working just fine for a while but about a week ago i replaced a PtMP radio in my network setup and have since lost two of my Connect amps. they show up on my client list on my router and i can ping them without any problems. (They are hard wired to a switch that is uplinked to a PtP bridge). However they weren't showing up in my sonos app. Ive tried resetting them and re-adding them to my setup but every time i try i get an error saying the connection failed. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
With 20 devices, I'm 90% certain that you're running into STP issues. Try configuring the switch for OSPF?
I think your system is more complex than I can conceptualize, so I'd recommend submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.

I'm sure there are some other network experts that will weigh in, but it's also possible that the diagnostic would give the folks at Sonos something in the log files to look at.