Answered

change wifi network

• 11 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Want to change so is to new WiFi but doing this wireless (the app helps you through the steps) gives me an error (cannot connect to SONOS wifi). I remember that a way around might be to connect via Alan Ethernet cable speaker for speaker. True?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 12 February 2023, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, I have both of them running. The new one me is a mesh system on top of my original so that I have better coverage in the house. I think it is possible to turn off this WiFi signal while still sourcing the mesh via an Ethernet. Could try turning it off then and see if it works. Thanks for the tip

You do not want both running.

Also see the following support article. Ideally you want to put your original router into modem mode so you are only using the new mesh network.

Yes, I have both of them running. The new one me is a mesh system on top of my original so that I have better coverage in the house. I think it is possible to turn off this WiFi signal while still sourcing the mesh via an Ethernet. Could try turning it off then and see if it works. Thanks for the tip

Userlevel 7

Hello,

Do you have both the old and the new WiFi running at the same time?

Where is the new WiFi coming from? A new router?

Can you turn off the old WiFi so it it no longer broadcasting?

Hi again,

i have the speaker connected to the router. With my S2 app (connected to my old WiFi to which the speaker still is connected) I go to “Update networks” and choose the speaker that I want to update the WiFi for, then it says that it cannot update the network if it is plugged in?? What to do?

I also tried changing to the new WiFi when using for my mobile…then I could finally see the new speaker (when it is plugged in the Ethernet). However if I try to add it to the wireless I again have to unplug it and do the process again (press two buttons, add to temporary SONOS network, etc). Again this way of connecting to the WiFi gives an error.

conclusion, connecting to the WiFi seems to only be possible without Ethernet connected and then I fall into the same problem.

hope this is a clear description. Any help is welcome. Thanks

Userlevel 7

thanks for the quick reply! Just a doubt I have, changing the settings is I assume using the app (I have S2)?

Yes, that’s within the S2 app.

thanks for the quick reply! Just a doubt I have, changing the settings is I assume using the app (I have S2)?

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can connect a speaker to your router, then go to:

Settings > System > Network > Manage Networks > Update Networks to enter the new WiFi credentials