Answered

Change configured SSID without wired connection

• 4 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello

I wanna ask if it’s possible to change the configured SSID on a SONOS Play 1 without having an wired connection. I need to shutdown the old SSID (on a AP which isnt needed anymore). Afterwards I’ll install the new SSID which is already on the rest of the network.

Many thanks and best regards

romeeeo

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 December 2019, 21:40

Hi, it’s not possible to change the wireless credentials on the Play:1 without having a Sonos device wired into the network. If you factory reset the unit, erasing everything on it, including settings, playlists, and links to services, you could set it up like brand new, but it’s not really a recommended solution. Otherwise, you could set your new SSID to have the same credentials that the Play:1 is looking for.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi, it’s not possible to change the wireless credentials on the Play:1 without having a Sonos device wired into the network. If you factory reset the unit, erasing everything on it, including settings, playlists, and links to services, you could set it up like brand new, but it’s not really a recommended solution. Otherwise, you could set your new SSID to have the same credentials that the Play:1 is looking for.