Question

Can't join Play 1s as surround speakers to beam

• 13 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I’ve just bought a Beam.  I already have 2 x Play:1s.  I’m trying to add the Play:1s as surround speakers to the Beam but have no luck.  They work indepedently the Kitchen TV plays straight to the Beam and Spotify can play straight to the Den (temp room I setup for the 2 x Play:1s):

When joining the Play:1s as surrounds to the Beam, the left and right connect but then in the last step, it always comes up with an error:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.