Answered

Can't change name of paired speakers (two 1's)

• 29 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi -- wondering if anyone has any insight into this, and how to overcome it. I have two paired Sonos 1 speakers paired to play in stereo. I’d originally named them Office when I set them up, but then I moved them into my kitchen. I’ve renamed the pair “Kitchen” via the app on my phone and on my laptop, and at first the change seems to take. Then, usually the next time I go to play something on them, the name has reverted back to Office. I’d thought maybe this was a bug related to the speakers having been added to my Alexa setup, so I disabled the sonos skill on alexa, renamed them to Kitchen, then re-enabled the sonos skill and re-added the speakers. Same thing, in Alexa they first show up as the new name but then revert back to being named Office.  Anyone know how I can make this name change permanent?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 January 2021, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try the suggestions from this thread: 

Badge +1

Thanks! I’ll check that out - tried searching for old posts but must have missed that one