Question

Best fool proof cd storage for sonos 2020?

• 25 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I need to learn a lot. I’ve used iTunes for several years to stream CD music to my patio, which has worked fairly flawlessly. The only reason it doesn’t work now is because of lightning damage. I’ve had some skippage. And I’ve lost entire CD’s that I’ve stored in iTunes, over and over. It seems when I try to find them on my iPhone controller, they have vanished, but I can still see them on my desktop PC in iTunes.

I need to know the best file format to save CD’s in, to gain the most high fidelity.

I’m really tired of iTunes problems, missing album art, etc..

I’d like to get into the modern age with storage, CD player(ripper), and anything else that I would need, for better patio music. Thanks.

1 reply

Attoyac,

If you are talking about ripping the audio from your CD’s to disk again, then you need audio ripping software, something like dbpoweramp, or exact audio copy, or similar ...and rip the tracks to a HDD/NAS box that has ‘raid-1’ (or higher) type redundancy … ideally it pays to keep a second copy of the files too stored off-site. I think most folk here, would recommend you rip them to lossless .flac format:

This YouTube video should hopefully help to get you started.

https://youtu.be/7pV54wUaO44