• 0 replies

My setup

Living Room:

• Sonos Beam
  • Sonos Amp that includes two wired speakers

Dining Room:

• Sonos Five

What I’m trying to do

I only have a handful of inputs: a TV for home theatre, Tune-In for radio, Spotify for music and a Line-in for a turntable.

Ideally, I would like both the Living Room AND the Dining Room to automatically play grouped for everything except home theatre, which I’d like to only output in the Living Room. Is there a way to set this up with default groups based on inputs, so I don’t have to keep grouping them manually whenever I switch inputs?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 January 2022, 19:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way in the Sonos app to permanently keep rooms grouped together or group rooms based on input. You have to manually group the rooms or tap the “Everywhere” option since you only have two rooms in your System. But you can turn on TV Autoplay under the Beam’s settings and keep Ungroup on Autoplay turned on so anytime the Beam gets a TV audio signal, the Sonos app will automatically ungroup the rooms.

If you have an iOS device, you might consider getting the Soro app. It allows you to create shortcuts and automations with Sonos through the Apple Shortcuts app. I’m not sure if it will allow you to do exactly what you want, but at the very least, it should allow you to group the rooms quicker by creating a shortcut:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805