Answered

apple TV dolby digital 5.1 issue with beam

• 10 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

when using my Apple TV, Some  movies (if DD 5.1 ) played on Plex or some shows on Netflix have a very low sound on my beam. I need to set the volume at 90% to have a correct sound. 

the only way to fix the problem was to setup the format in Apple TV audio settings at stereo. 

did someone experience this issue?

do I decrease the sound quality and surround generated by the beam when I do that.

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 19 June 2020, 01:00

Hello @Christian.china,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

If you only have the Sonos Beam with no Sub or players bonded as rear surround speakers, you are not going to get 5.1 surround from your home theater set up.

In this case we would definitely recommend changing the format to PCM/Stereo sound as it will match the audio to the kind of home theater system you have and should improve your audio experience overall.   

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Christian.china,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question.

If you only have the Sonos Beam with no Sub or players bonded as rear surround speakers, you are not going to get 5.1 surround from your home theater set up.

In this case we would definitely recommend changing the format to PCM/Stereo sound as it will match the audio to the kind of home theater system you have and should improve your audio experience overall.