Question

Anyone know of a workaround to get sonos to play through my computer speakers?

• 1 December 2015
  • 2 replies

I have El Capitan on my iMac. I use Spotify from my iMac it's much more user friendly than the sonos. App. I have 14 sonos products running. But it sure would be nice to also use my computer speakers in my office too. Any one know if sonos plans on adding this to a future software update?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
I don't know how you speakers are connected to the PC. If you have an external amp powering them get a chromecast and spotify will connect to it directly. Or get a connect amp for the office speakers and connect the chromecast to it
I have El Capitan on my iMac. I use Spotify from my iMac it's much more user friendly than the sonos. App. I have 14 sonos products running. But it sure would be nice to also use my computer speakers in my office too. Any one know if sonos plans on adding this to a future software update?

So let me get this right, you don't like the Sonos app but you still want to use it to play through your computer speakers? Makes a lot of sense...

I really don't get what the problem is, if spotify is better to use then use that on the Mac.