Question

Amp S2 Atmos 4.2 Setup

• 18 July 2020
  • 1 reply

As I understand it, Sonos S2 now supports Dolby Atmos - specifically for the new Arc. What I’m wondering/hoping is whether Sonos will eventually support using three Amps for a 4.2.0 or 4.2.1 setup with a pair of front speakers (phantom center), a pair of surrounds, and hopefully a pair of in ceiling height speakers. I’m just about done with my basement and ran the necessary wires to support this, but I’m on the fence on either burying the wires in the ceiling for the Atmos height channels for now, or installing speakers there as well if this functionality is in the pipeline. I searched around a bit and couldn’t find a solid answer, so I’m hoping this thread might help!

Thanks in advance!

John

1 reply

There has been no indication from Sonos that they’re interested in supporting this sort of thing. Similarly, they’ve not supported the use of an Amp to drive a center channel with another Amp handling front left and front right.

Anything is possible, but I’d give the chances of this occurring to be significantly less than 1%.