Question

Amp keeps dropping out

• 24 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi, am playing Foxtel through my Playbar+Sub and then grouping to a different zone (dining) via a Sonos Amp.

The sound keeps dropping out in the second zone (dining) however plays flawlessly through the playbar.

This issue only occurs when playing Foxtel (TV), other sources work fine and don’t drop out ever.

I have since plugged in an Ethernet cord to the playbar which has fixed the problem however the issue is weird given it doesn’t occur on any other devices.

Do you have any further ways to assist without having the Ethernet cord attached which seems to defeat the purpose of spending the money on a mainly wireless system?

i have submitted a diagnostic report under #354060271.

Thank you!

1 reply

In most cases when grouping a TV input with another room, the issue tends to be with wifi interference. It may be worth reading that data while you wait for a Sonos Community Moderator to pick up your diagnositc. Or, you may not want to wait, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.