Answered

alarm multirooms/time zones

• 30 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I have noticed that can group rooms from the Sonos app.    Are you only able to set an alarm for one speaker or can you group speakers for certain time periods (morning wake-ups in multi rooms) 

I want to wake up with music in several rooms on weekdays, but in afternoon my need for playing music is different and then I need to re-group.

setting them individually does work as it is out of sync

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 July 2022, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chefenschef 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You can’t set an alarm to a group, but you can set it for a speaker that is in charge of a group so that the alarm will play to the entire group. To do so, you must group the speakers before the alarm goes off (the night before, for example), and ensure that Include grouped rooms is checked when setting the alarm. To group, select the room getting the alarm and group in the other rooms to be included to it - this will put the speaker with the alarm in charge of the group. The entire group will play, in sync, when the alarm goes off.

I hope this helps.