Question

AirPlay again

• 3 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Is there an airplay dongle on the market that you can plug into the Line In of the Connect unit??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sure, Airport Express, which Apple is killing off. Lots of Chinese devices on Amazon, just search for AirPlay there.
The last time I checked, that would be Apple's Airport Express; presumably the present model does this as well. Not a direct plug in, it needs a wire to connect to the line in jack and its own mains power supply.
Thanks very much Kumar. I noticed that the AirPort Express has an Audio Out point so I guess I can wire it to the Line In jack on the connect unit and enjoy streaming music from my IPad using the Jetaudio app which allows for much more audio fine tuning compared to sonos simplest Treble /bass functions.
Yes, you can; but my experience suggests that these joys would not be long lived and you may well revert to the simpler straight via Sonos route. I would not go out and buy a new AEX to do just this, but YMMV of course.