add sub gen3 to playbar and sonos 1 speakers

• 10 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi

can I connect a new sub gen 3 to my play bar and Sonos 1 speakers? these speaker are approx 3 years old.

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Thanks, I had a bridge connecting the devices, once I disconnected the bridge and reset all the original speakers. I was able to set up the sub and all the speakers as a new system.

thanks again

Userlevel 7

Yes, as long as they are all set up on the Sonos S2 app.

Thanks guitarsuperstar,

the S2 app says that some of the devices aren’t compatible with this Sonos 2 app?

Userlevel 7

The Playbar and Play:1 or One is compatible with both the S1 and S2 app. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

Unless, of course, you have more Sonos devices that you didn’t tell us about, beyond the Sonos One/PLAY:1s and PLAYBAR.

To be clear, there is no Sonos 1 speaker, but as GuitarSuperstar suggests, both the Sonos One and the PLAY:1 are compatible with S2. 

Yep, the BRIDGE is not S2 compatible. Many, many years ago it was replaced by the newer BOOST, but as you’ve found, it’s not a requirement, your speakers can directly connect to your wifi without using an intermediary.