2x Sonos One in stereo and adding 1 x Play 5 gen1 to the group for some bass

• 18 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Not sure if this combination is possible to achieve stereo separation and enhance bass without breaking the bank and driving your neighbour nuts.

2 x sonos one in stereo and adding 1 x play 5 gen1 to the group for some bass and sound stage.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It probably would enhance the bass, but I am not sure by much - the bass on the P:5 gen 1 was not as powerful as the gen 2.  It might muddy the stereo separation.

It would also lock you into S1, which may prove undesirable.  I assume you are currently on S1 to be contemplating this?

It probably would enhance the bass, but I am not sure by much - the bass on the P:5 gen 1 was not as powerful as the gen 2.  It might muddy the stereo separation.

It would also lock you into S1, which may prove undesirable.  I assume you are currently on S1 to be contemplating this?

Hi yes. currently on 2 S1. So the combo above will remove any stereo feature?

I doubt it would remove it completely.  I only suspect it would make it less clear.  I haven’t tried it.  I assume you have ‘played with the EQ settings on the existing stereo pair, and tried ‘loudness’ enabled?