Answered

Volume low on sonos beam from sony tv

I have my Sonos beam (gen 2) connected to my sony smart tv and it is very quiet. Need to put it to volume 50+ from the sonos to have what would be level 15-20 on the sony tv. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m assuming it is a setting on the tv that I need to change. Let me know, thank you

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 May 2024, 03:24

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Thank you. All these settings were already on these options but I changed sound mode to Dolby Audio from standard. It seems a bit louder. 

Any other tricks?

Userlevel 7

What devices are you using? What do you normally watch?

TV info is:

Product Name: X90K | BRAVIA XR | Full Array LED | 4K Ultra HD | High Dynamic Range (HDR) | Smart TV (Google TV)
Product Model: XR55X90K

Use a Roku to watch youtube tv, netflix, max, hulu etc. Typical streaming services. 

Userlevel 7

On the Roku, set the Preferred Streaming Format setting to Dolby and set Digital Output Format to Passthrough. Also be sure that Night Sound (moon icon) isn’t enabled in the Sonos app.

Got the preferred streaming format to dolby and night sound was not enabled. 

For digital output format the only options are auto (this is what it was on), stereo & custom.

In custom, the options are dolby digital (it was on), or dolby digital plus. Should I change this to plus?

There is also DTS which is currently off. 

Userlevel 7

Set it to Custom and change it to Dolby Digital Plus.

Awesome, appreciate your help. I will try it out tonight with these settings and see how it is. Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can you not get it loud enough or is this jus a numbers game?

It takes to about 40-50 volume on the sonos to get the same volume as 20ish out of the tv.

We’ll see how it is tonight with the changed settings listed above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Of course. Volume is just a number. My question was meant to ascertain if there is a problem. Is the volume on your Beam much lower when you are what hing TV, compared to when you listen to music?

Got the preferred streaming format to dolby and night sound was not enabled. 

For digital output format the only options are auto (this is what it was on), stereo & custom.

In custom, the options are dolby digital (it was on), or dolby digital plus. Should I change this to plus?

There is also DTS which is currently off. 

I have the same issue. My Beam is connected to a Samsung QLED and sounds less. Need to increase the volume to 50 or 60.