Answered

best wifi

• 30 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi all, since i changed back to utility warehouse for my broadband my sonos looses connection before it has even played 1 full song…… any suggestions for the best broadband group to use for the best sonos experience? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 April 2024, 10:48

View original

7 replies

Maybe see if this Sonos Support link (and the links off it) will perhaps assist you…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/improve-your-sonos-products-wifi-connection

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Nothing in your profile to give me a clue where to start. At least your country please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you using the same kit as before the switch, or are you also using router/wifi system they supplied? Signal strength and range may suffer from cheaper kit “given away” by some broadband suppliers. 

Nothing in your profile to give me a clue where to start. At least your country please!

I am in the uk, not sure what else you need to know? I’m new to this forum 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

UK ISPs like Sky, BT and Virgin often supply routers of historically questionable quality. If you are having issues, tell us which ISP and the model number of the router.

UK ISPs like Sky, BT and Virgin often supply routers of historically questionable quality. If you are having issues, tell us which ISP and the model number of the router.

Apparently my Sonos and my router are both working from the same wave level? 

Are you using the same kit as before the switch, or are you also using router/wifi system they supplied? Signal strength and range may suffer from cheaper kit “given away” by some broadband suppliers. 

No it’s a different router supplied by my broadband company, I am now changing suppliers next Friday as apparently my router and Sonos are both working off the same wave level or something