Answered

All Speakers Disappeared from Spotify

All my speakers have disappeared from Spotify and I have been unable to get them back. I tried reauthorizing Spotify in the Sonos app, I rebooted the router and I rebooted one speaker to see if that would resolve the issue.  I also checked to make sure there were no pending updates. Nothing has worked. This is happening on both the mobile and desktop apps. Everything works fine on the Sonos mobile and desktop apps. All speakers show as connected to the system on the Sonos app. Any ideas how to resolve this? It just started happening a couple of days ago.

icon

Best answer by jg2073 4 May 2024, 21:35

View original

7 replies

As near as I can tell from your post, everything is fine in the Sonos app, you’re having issues with the Spotify app? Have you reached out to Spotify?

Yes, both the mobile and desktop app are having this issue. My wife has a separate Spotify account and is experiencing the same issue on her mobile app. I contacted Spotify and spent about 30 minutes troubleshooting with them.  While trouble shooting I tried using Pandora and Amazon Music. Both of those apps are compatible with Sonos, but I could not see the speakers there either. Spotify support said I should contact Sonos support at this point.

It’s going to be a lot harder for Sonos to help you if the speakers are showing up in the Sonos app, but not in other people’s apps, since Sonos has no control over these other apps. Nor does Sonos have control over your network. And if your speakers are showing up in the Sonos app, it’s clear that the issue isn’t with your Sonos, or the connection, which implies your issue is elsewhere. 

My guess is a network issue of some type. The only suggestion I would have, and it’s only a guess, is that you need to unplug all your Sonos devices from power, and while they are unplugged, reboot your router. Your statement about rebooting the router and rebooting one speaker both doesn’t tell us the sequence, and rebooting just one speaker may not be enough, you may need to reboot them all. 

I will try your recommendation but I will say that all my other network devices are working properly. It would be odd if I had a network issue that is only impacting my Sonos devices. While I can unplug most of my Sonos devices, I do have a Roam as well which is not wired.

I tried the steps you suggested, but it did not resolve the issue.  I also reset the Sonos controller hoping that could help, but it didn’t either.

Did you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it? What did they say?

Interestingly enough, the speakers have once again appeared on both Spotify mobile and desktop apps.  While the speakers still aren’t available on like Pandora, it’s working. At this point I will leave well enough alone. Thanks!